Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Miracles may happen from time to time

Starting my new way as a freelance creative a while ago made me realize the infinite possibilities the world offered. I was trained as a "team spirit" individual. I cared and got involved in every team I've been part of since I joined the advertising industry. 

I've often been asked in the past year how do I manage working without a team, how can I do everything by myself. Errrr...wrong. Being a freelancer does not mean being alone in the creative process. My perspective on this matter is rather large, than narrow. I like to think that my team or the team I'm part of could be anyone from this world... and I'm honored of working with such a team. The only condition : passion. 

I managed to meet and work with exceptional people since I've started being a freelancer. Exceptional passionate people together with whom we've accomplished big things sustained by big ideas. 

A while ago I met Catalin from Davidsign for a coffee and chat. He's an experienced graphic and interior designer. The first meeting was also, on my behalf, the decisive meeting. Long talk, great laughs. Passion for quality services and high standard working process met at the same table. 

In the past week we've managed together as a team to put up a great concept and presentation for a major pitch. Yesterday we presented the concept in front of the client. No matter what the pitch decision will be, I'm really proud of being part again of a great small team amongst which I have to mention Istvan and Cristi.

So far so good, I, personally, enjoy thinking all day long as a team member, as a freelancer, as a common being, as a friend, even as a competitor in this uncertain "branding life" experience.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment